Thursday, February 3, 2011

What It's Like

I spent the weekend with my boyfriend. I was online there too, naturally.

Part of my addiction comes from the belief that I would be bored if I didn't spend time on the internet. That's a load of bullshit, honestly. I'm an internet addict, but I subscribe to blogs and facebook pages that are about living a disconnected life, offline, in the world. I know that there is fun and life to be had AFK but what do I really do about it?

I went to the hospital last night. I slept all day today, trying to regain my health. Instead, I feel fuzzy and weary, almost too tired to type this. My body aches and I just want to space out.

But I am here. Pushing through the pain and exhaustion, to play on the internet.

What's wrong with me?

I am full of self-loathing. Not so shameless anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Do you really feel unhappy that you spent so much time online or do you think you should feel unhappy because of the bad rep being online offers?

    I personally feel like crap if I go online when I'm out and about. Or when I need or want to do other things. But, I think the reason I feel like that is because of all the bad rep there is to excessive internet use. It's not because I really feel unhappy. I feel unhappy because I think I'm made to think that.

    ReplyDelete