Monday, February 21, 2011

Month-iversaries.

Thank you for all the comments I got in my (Not) A Strong Woman post. I am glad that there are other women like myself out there. Independent, but not bitchy about it.


On Sunday, my boyfriend and I celebrated our six month-iversary. I know, it's a little juvenile to celebrate month-iversaries after high school, but what can I say? I haven't had much luck in the romance department and I think half of a year is a very long time when you're first getting started. Working out the kinks and whatnot. You know, I realize how sad that is, but 6 months is the third longest relationship I've ever had. The father of my child and I were together for almost 2 years, a boyfriend I had when I was 16 lasted 8 months, and now my current boyfriend. Here's to hoping this turns into my number one longest relationship.

First, we slept in until almost 1pm. That was lovely. He usually doesn't sleep that late, so I was happy he was able to get some rest. Next was a fun filled sit in traffic on the southbound 5 into Seattle. What the hell is that about? It was Sunday.

Finally, we made it to The Cheesecake Factory (after looking in vain for free parking. Oh well!). Do people realize how horribly bad for you The Cheesecake Factory is? I probably consumed 1900 calories in one meal, and I only ate half of it. Jesus Christ.

Then we walked along the waterfront, and looked at the sunset. Cliche, I know, but you can bite me because I fucking love the water.

After we went home for a while, we went to AFK Tavern, a gamer bar with gamer and geek themed food and drink, for some libations. I had two Zero Suit Samus cocktails, a The Masquerade (vampire theme, I'm guessing, because it's supposed to look like blood in a wine glass, hence the name), and a Cactuar. They were all very delicious and although I didn't feel the buzz when we left, I was definitely feeling it by the time I got home.


It was all very romantic, really. I love him so much.





Do you celebrate month-iversaries?

1 comment:

  1. I do not, but mostly because I don't really remember when someone and I start dating. I think this new guy I've been seeing is the type to celebrate them, but we're not official so I am still safe on the whole forgetting front. I've only made it to a year twice (I'm good at break ups, what can I say?) and those were celebrated, but nothing more than just taking a day to spend with each other.

    PS: cheesecake factory is worth it! i love that place. love it.

    ReplyDelete