Friday, February 11, 2011

Cyber Bullying - Continued

I am the first to admit I get emotionally invested in people I meet online. When I'm debating something I feel strongly about, when people disagree with me. Sometimes I am downright rude or harsh. I'm only human. I don't, however, wish death on people for disagreeing.

I posted a thread on a message board discussing my opinion that Groupon's commercials were funny and shouldn't be criticized because Groupon does support the causes they parody in their commercials and it's ridiculous that people called for an apology from them. My point was, and I'm copying and pasting here:

I believe that if you can't laugh at something, then it wins. If you can't laugh at tragedy, disaster, misfortune...then horror wins, and I refuse to let that happen.

Finding humor in a shitty situation is not the same as accepting it, or agreeing with it, or contributing to it.

The response to this from the other person in the thread was this:

I hate stupid people. I hope your family members or loved ones are brutally murdered. So I can laugh at it. You insensitive prick.

What the hell is that? Hypocritical much? The only thing I could say to that particular post was this:

I've never wished death on anyone.

Who is insensitive? The one who finds light in the darkness, or the one who actively wishes tragedy to befall someone?

2 comments:

  1. I think that your points are well-spoken and valid. Go you! Stick to your guns! Don't let the internet Trolls win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure it was Mark Twain who talked about life being both a comedy and a tragedy... it all depends on how you look at it. I'm in love with your wording on the horror winning. In. Love.

    Keeping positive is so freaking hard sometimes, and other negative people shooting you down while you're amidst a harder struggle than anyone can know is just bad news. I want to say don't listen to that person, but let's face it, it's even harder to not listen to them than what's already going on in your own head.

    ReplyDelete