Monday, December 26, 2011

My Path

I grew up with an LDS mother and a Roman Catholic father. I was not oppressed religiously by any means. I'd go to church one week with my mother and the next with my paternal grandmother. I enjoyed church, but I never felt a personal connection with the Christian god.

In my teens, I explored Paganism and Wicca, but my mother cut that off with her paranoia and fear of Satan. Our lives were hard enough, she'd say, and inviting the devil inside would only make things worth. I've tried over the years to assimilate once again with the LDS church, but while I appreciate the buzz of being in a room with a bunch of people who are strong in their faith, I did not share their convictions.

Now that I am grown and run my own household, I am ready to embark upon the Wiccan path once again. I feel great about it. It resonates with me unlike anything I've ever known. There is still much I don't know, and I have yet to write my own ritual and build my altar, but I feel good.

I'm very excited for the year to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment