- I set a timer for 15 minutes, and placed it under my blanket to muffle it.
- I laid down on my back with my hands resting on my abdomen.
- I counted each exhalation, without changing the speed or depth of my breaths, up to four.
- I repeated step 3 until the timer went off.
- I focused on the act of counting. When my mind would wander, I would firmly, but calmly bring it back to counting, as I would a child.
- I remembered to beware the act of acknowledging that I was successfully counting.
|The Thousand Petaled Lotus, perhaps.|